https://cannabiswellnesstours.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/cannabis-3871901_1920-flipped.jpg 1080 1920 Cannabis Wellness Tours https://cannabiswellnesstours.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/CWT_logo-Final-300x246.png Cannabis Wellness Tours2019-05-21 04:59:052019-05-22 12:44:10Cannabis is BIG Business
Cannabis Fun Facts
- Global legal cannabis sales 2018 = approx. $18B
- Projected to grow to $146B by 2025.
- US legal cannabis sales 2018 = $10.4B
- Projected to grow to $23.4B by 2022.
- North American investors poured $10B into the industry in 2018.
- Tax Revenue 2018:
- US = $1.4B
- CA = $345M
- Job Creation in US:
- 260,000 jobs directly or indirectly associated with cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, sales, and support industries. That’s 5 times more than coal and is equal to steel and iron mills. One study projects 330,000 jobs by 2022.
- Recreational Cannabis legal in 10 states and District of Columbia.
- Medical Cannabis legal in 23 states and District of Columbia.
- 14 states have laws regarding possession and use of CBD – and most have lots of restrictions on who can have it and why.
- Completely illegal (medical and recreational, including CBD) in 3 states – Nebraska, South Dakota, Idaho.
- Over 24,000 research articles on cannabis listed on National Institute of Health website at www.nih.gov.
- Fastest growing age group is 50+, this is up 28% in 2018.
- Consumers most often report using cannabis for medical reasons.
- Baby Boomers spend the most each month on average – $95 per month. On average, they spend 53% more than Gen Z consumers.